Not a lot has changed in the last week. Last week the focus of the House was on HB 2 – the budget bill. No significant changes to the status of bills that we have been tracking.
We were prepared to testify in support of Senator Ripley’s bills (SB 353 and SB 354) which reallocate a portion of the Coal Trust for infrastructure investment, but the hearing for tomorrow has just been canceled. We will determine the reason for the cancellation and when they hope to reschedule.
MSE/ASCE/ASHRAE 2015 Bill List
- HB 5 Rep Jeff Wellborn Provide for intrastructure development Rereferred to committee
- HB 63 Rep Kathy Swanson Revise licensing/regulation of engineers and land surveyors Signed by the Governor
- HB 97 Rep Edith McClafferty Revise alternative contracting process 3rd Reading failed
- SB 145 Sen Bradley Hamlett Revise allocation of oil and gas revenue for oil and natural gas impact projects Scheduled for 1st reading in the House
- HB 224 Rep Zac Perry Generally revise building code program laws Tabled in committee
- HB 312 Rep Nancy Wilson Require MDT to consider growth policies and neighborhood plans Tabled in committee
- SB 205 Sen Robyn Driscoll Provide for the Hire Montana First Act Tabled in committee
- SB 353 Sen Rick Ripley Constitutional referendum to divert coal trust and create Build Montana program Hearing canceled
- SB 354 Sen Rick Ripley Create infrastructure funding program Hearing canceled